Country Midwife, LLC offers a modestly furnished birthing room above the midwife’s house for those who wish to come here for birth.
Most home birth families opt to be in their own homes, but for some, it is safe or comforting to stay close to the midwife in the hours surrounding birth.
Your wishes, circumstances and safety will serve as the guiding principles for deciding where to give birth.
Occasionally we may suggest that you have the baby here due to specific conditions or situations.
Some examples of when to consider having the baby here:
- Rural families planning VBAC
- Families due during harsh winter weather conditions
- Those who live in very remote areas
- Midwife has multiple families due at one time or families live in opposite directions
- Your living quarters are not private enough or somehow unsafe for birth
- Variations of pregnancy or labor which are within the realm of home birth, but have increased possibility of transport
We are located less than a mile from emergency medical services and two hospitals.